DOES EVIL CAUSE WAR?
Does Evil cause wars. The many dictionaries render evil as a moral problem, aberration, lack of empathy, narcissism, and sin.
Of course one man or group of people who believe their evil behavior is justified, or use evil actions to gain or maintain power, can create a nation where many share their evil outlook, a culture or religion can do the same. When the conflict crosses nations, cultures, or religions we get wars, terrorism, genocide, and indifference.
A culture has safe guards against threatening aberrations of evil persons. Enforced by police, prisons, mental health. The world only has the United States. So it appears, some people believe. But is the US quickness to intervene to prevent disasters, or alleged threats, begs the question; is the real reasons noble?
Or is the United States Just Narcissistic. The American Psychiatric handbook, the DSM 5 gives the following indications of Narcissism. Is this the USA the Nation.
“An enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly from the expectations of the individual’s culture. This pattern is manifested in two (or more) of the following areas:
1. Cognition (i.e., ways of perceiving and interpreting self, other people, and events).
2. Affectivity (i.e., the range, intensity, lability, and appropriateness of emotional response).
3. Interpersonal functioning.
4. Impulse control.
5. The enduring pattern is inflexible and pervasive across a broad range of personal and social situations.
6. The enduring pattern leads to clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.
7. The pattern is stable and cf long duration, and Its onset can be traced back at least to adolescence or early adulthood.
8. The enduring pattern is not better explained as a manifestation or consequence of another mental disorder.
9. The enduring pattern is not attributable to the physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication) or another medical condition (e.g., head trauma). (p.646-647)” ( Personality Disorders: A Review of the Current State of Knowledge, http://www.webmedcentral.com/article_view/5089)
That’s amazing they have us nailed. We should put all of government on Klonopin. Moving toward peace…jimpeace.
I would appreciate any comments on “What is Evil”, “Does Evil Exist”, “Is Evil the cause of War.”