Jesus announcing his candidacy as an independent write-in candidate quickly released his standing on many issues so the voters would know what he stood for. Below is a listed summary from his campaign headquarters in Mount Olive, North Carolina.
- Gun Control. All weapons will be banned for personal use. Eventually they will all be banned. Many will understand my policy. You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, don’t resist him who is evil; but whoever strikes you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 If any man would go to law with you and take away your coat, let him have your cloak also.”
- Law and Order: “Don’t judge, so that you won’t be judged. 2 For with whatever judgment you judge, you will be judged: and with whatever measure you measure, it will be measured to you. For the criminals, every good tree brings forth good fruit; but the corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree can’t bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire.
- Defense Spending. For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.
- Poverty: But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”
- Race Relations. “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times
- Social Issues. “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”
- Tax Plan. Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”
These are some of the primary issues of current discussion. However, I leave you with a small list of my overall attitude and it sums up my campaign and position.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
Please get a T-Shirt with my campaign slogan on it: “LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF.” AND “CAST YOUR VOTE FOR JESUS IN NOVEMBER.”
[Of course much of these New Testament quotes of Jesus are not in context and may have been part of a parable. Yet all these and other issues could be judged as being what Jesus believed in. “LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF.”] His platform seems much different than the other candidates. The Prince of Peace believed Peace is Possible.